Hiring outstanding attorneys and staff, then training and mentoring them is the Nyemaster formula for success. Click or tap a tab to learn more.
Corporate Legal Secretary
Assists and relieves lawyers by performing administrative and clerical work in an efficient and accurate manner while meeting essential deadlines.
- Prepare legal documents and correspondence such as stock purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, stock certificates, SEC documents, bylaws, articles of incorporation and minutes. .
- Transcribe legal digital dictation; compile data for exhibits, correspondence and reports.
- Proficient proofreading, redlining, and editing of documents prepared by assigned attorneys. Must ensure accuracy, comprehension, and overall grammar and punctuation.
- Create and maintain attorney client matter lists. Docket crucial litigation deadlines; coordinate with attorney’s calendar.
- File correspondence and legal documents in office filing system and document management system as required.
- Ensure proper indexing and filing of original legal documents and pleadings for easy and efficient retrieval.
- Process billing, time entry, and expense reimbursements via internal accounting systems.
- Process time sensitive state and federal court filings with sense of urgency; knowledge of electronic filing requirements and software required.
- Coordinate and arrange for depositions of parties and witnesses; schedule court reporter for same.
- Organize and copy documents produced for opposing attorneys and for trial exhibit.
- Compose and type routine correspondence.
- Review, route and prioritize incoming mail.
- Perform other duties: scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings and agendas, and providing information to callers.
- Coordinate travel on airline, hotel, and rental car for out of town travel.
- Route articles to lawyers and other company officials.
- Eager to perform tasks associated with the functions of a legal secretary.
- On-site daily attendance for secured computer access and client confidentiality, and personal interaction with attorneys and clients for client service needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma with minimum five years legal secretary experience is required. Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two years experience in a Corporate setting is desirable
- Previous Law Firm experience desirable
- Some paralegal skills preferred but not required
- Experience utilizing Summation software desirable
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in a proficient, tactful, and confident manner with external clients and internal customers.
- Competently operates office equipment including computer, fax, calculator, scanner, copier, and telephone system.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel desirable.
- Independent worker, ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Proficient in the use of Outlook and Microsoft Word including knowledge of Table of Authorities and Table of Contents features.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive hand motion
- Close vision is required
- Maximum lifting requirements up to ten pounds
- Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
We offer a professional environment, as well as an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Human Resources Manager: 700 Walnut, Suite 1600 Des Moines, IA 50309 or via email to: HR@Nyemaster.com. Faxes may be sent to 515.283.3108.
Click a position below to learn more and to apply.