Summer law associates gain a real-world view of law practice.
Our summer associate program offers a realistic look at the practice of law at Nyemaster Goode.
The program is designed to give participants a hands-on look at who we are and what we do.
- Assignments are related to ongoing client matters.
- Opportunities offer practical exposure to the firm’s client base and practice.
- Experiences are representative of work performed by Nyemaster Goode attorneys.
Because most law students have not selected a specific practice area, our program is designed to introduce summer associates to each practice area.
- Summer associates are teamed with an attorney who serves as an assignment coordinator, drawing assignments from throughout the firm.
- Assignments encourage summer associates to explore different areas of practice.
- Summer associates work with a variety of attorneys.
Over the course of the program, summer associates will have opportunities to attend legal proceedings and meetings, such as:
- Client interviews
- Bankruptcy hearings
- Administrative hearings
- Alternative dispute resolution procedures
Nyemaster Goode attorneys strive to provide feedback on all projects. Every attorney is available for tutelage and guidance. We believe the summer program should make participants better students and better attorneys.
The summer experience is designed to be fun too. We include opportunities to get to know our attorneys and our Iowa communities. For example:
- A golf outing at one of many fine golf courses in the Des Moines area
- At least weekly lunches with firm attorneys.
- Social receptions regularly on one of our 16th floor terraces
- A skybox baseball night at Principal Park, home of the Iowa Cubs, the AAA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs
For the summer associate program, Nyemaster looks for people who have the potential to become shareholders at our firm. We seek superb lawyers who are also exceptional people. We strive to hire:
- People who have performed well in school.
- Those who have an aptitude for analysis and innovation.
- Personable, articulate, and mature individuals.
- Future attorneys who have a strong desire to practice in Iowa.
In the recent past our summer program has included students from:
- Arizona State
- Washington University, St. Louis
Click a position below to learn more and to apply.