DSM Small Business Recovery Grant Program -- Apply Now
May 15, 2020
By: Alicia Nicoletto
The Greater Des Moines Partnership, Polk County and the City of Des Moines have teamed up with Carlisle, Clive, Indianola, Johnston, Norwalk, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Warren County and Windsor Heights to create a grant program to help small businesses who are struggling due to COVID-19.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR GRANTS
In order to apply for the DSM Small Business Recovery Grant Program your business must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a sole-proprietor or business with 0-30 employees that have had restrictions placed on their operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Must have a physical commercial location within the cities of Carlisle, Clive, Des Moines, Indianola, Johnston, Norwalk, Urbandale, West Des Moines, or Windsor Heights, unincorporated Polk County or cities/unincorporated areas of Warren County;
- Must have been in operation since July 1, 2019 or prior; and
- Must be a for-profit business of any legal structure (non-profit organizations are not eligible).
Additionally, preference will be given to businesses that have not received assistance from the Iowa Small Business Relief Grant, the Targeted Small Business Sole Operator Fund or other grants.
WHEN AND HOW CAN YOU APPLY
Applications for the DSM Small Business Recovery Grant Program are available beginning May 5, 2020 through 11:59pm May 20, 2020 (NOTE: the original deadline has been extended to May 31). In order to apply for the DSM Small Business Recovery Grant Program click here.
INFORMATION/DOCUMENTATION YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY
To complete your application for the DSM Small Business Recovery Grant Program you will need the following information/documentation:
- 4-month income and expenses statements (Jan-April 2020);
- 4-month income and expense statements (Jan-April 2019);
- 3-month projected income and expenses (May 1- July 30, 2020); and
- Balance Sheet (as of April 30, 2020).
For more information on the DSM Small Business Recovery Grant Program click here.